Who We Are
Good Karma Animal Rescue of MN is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that was founded by Lisa Booth in January 2013. The idea behind Good Karma is simple, and something we hold true to every day. We place priority on high quality care and ethical volunteers who are aligned with our mission, not quantity of dogs. Yes, we want to save them all! But we will not make a commitment to a dog that we cannot truly help.
We do not have a physical shelter, kennel, or facility. Every Good Karma dog is living in a foster home. We are only able to save dogs when we have available foster homes. We will not place a dog in boarding or any other environment besides a private home. No exceptions.
As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization (EIN 46-1838121), Good Karma relies solely upon adoption fees, tax-deductible donations, and fundraisers to keep the rescue operating. We’re raising the rescue bar, and we’re so happy to welcome you to our organization!
Our Founder Lisa Booth
To work tirelessly to provide the highest quality of physical and emotional care to the animals we rescue.
We achieve this by providing:
- Safe harbor in carefully selected foster homes
- Great vet care with local vet partners and specialists
- Well-trained, enthusiastic and ethical volunteers working as a team
- Best practices adoption process to ensure safe and loving environment
These values guide the way we engage with one another, our shelter partners, and our communities:
- Animals first. We are inspired by the animals we rescue—we reflect their resiliency, courage and love in everything we do.
- Tune In. Every dog has a story to tell, if we just know how to listen. We listen with compassion, empathy, and patience.
- Own outcomes. We are accountable for providing extraordinary care to the animals entrusted to us. Tireless in our pursuit of quality care, we never stop learning or improving.
- Join together. We are an interdependent team of volunteers that respect each person’s contributions; we are stronger when teamed with others — families, community and one another. We can’t do it alone.Be remarkable. We are redefining “rescue”; raising the bar, continually learning, and going beyond what’s expected. After all, these animals are counting on us.
- Be remarkable. We are redefining “rescue”; raising the bar, continually learning, and going beyond what’s expected. After all, these animals are counting on us.
How We Work and What We Do
Good Karma works with a network of reliable and trusted shelters throughout the midwest and southern parts of the United States, where spay and neuter rates are low; and euthanasia rates are high.
Through establishing and working with these trusted partners, we bring these dogs to MN, place them in loving foster homes, get them all the vet care they need, and make sure they are emotionally and physically healthy.
Then, the magic happens. The dogs come out of their shells. They start showing their personalities. And a wonderful family comes along! We kiss our babies goodbye and send them off to their Happy Beginnings, and we start the process all over again!
From the Founder
Good Karma was started with the belief that when it comes to rescuing animals, the focus should remain on quality care rather than quantity of animals. We are a small, foster-based animal rescue located in the Twin Cities. We do not have a physical shelter or facility. All of our animals are living in foster homes and learning how to become part of a family, because we believe that only through an interactive fostering experience can we really know the animal’s temperament and personality (Plus, we love getting all the furry cuddles). Intimately knowing our foster pets enables us to find the perfect match between pet and adoptive family.
Homeless and forgotten animals in high-kill shelters and high-risk situations deserve a better life. They deserve to receive the same unconditional love and companionship they offer. They deserve families and warm homes and cozy beds to sleep in. Sometimes they just need a little help, and that’s where we step in, to be their agents of good karma.
But wait – the good karma doesn’t end there! Our rescue is committed to saving animals, yes…but we are also committed to making sure that we show appreciation, support, respect, and gratitude for every one of our hard-working volunteers who make it possible to save them. We have a great, interactive group of people and we strive to provide opportunities for our volunteers to learn, connect, and support one another. We’ve formed a great community of people from all walks of life who share one common passion, and we’d love to have you join us!
Founder/Director, Good Karma Animal Rescue of MN